Sunday, June 20, 2010

ATC - June 20 - Laced With Wonder

I did wear one of these genuine whalebone corsets for a musical rendition of 'A man's a man' by Bertolt Brecht.
Before we went onstage, all the women (I believe there were four of us ) had to be laced into them by the male members of the troop. I still remember being kneed below my spine and the corset tightening around my waist, all the time, wondering, 'how the heck am I going to sing and DANCE in this thing?'
I did it.
Ah such are the days of youth.

But since Ms D's card said 'laced with wonder', I thought of all the wonderful lace I had seen in my travels, (notably Portugal - 'where there are nets, there is lace') and my own attempt at lace making (those bobbins are BIABS - buried in a box somewhere.
And yet:
None can compare (here is where the wonder comes in) with Queen Anne's Lace in the summer time - those Galaxy starred heads that are such perfect fractals.
Here then is this week's response to Ms D's card.
Blessings of Lacey wonder and lazy summer days
Shanti

2 comments:

A Heron's View said...

Talking of lace have you ever come across Mountmellick Work ?

Lady North said...

No HeronsView I hadn't but thank you for the comment. I just looked it up and O WOW..what exquisite whitework.
Thank you for that note.
LN