
Vem kan segla förutan vind?
Who can sail where there is no wind?
Vem kan ro utan årar?
With no oars to be rowing?
Vem kan skiljas från vännen sin
Who can sail far away from friends
utan att fälla tårar?
With no tears aflowing.
Jag kan segla förutan vind,
I can sail where there is no wind
jag kan ro utan årar,
With no oars to be rowing.
men ej skiljas från vännen min
But I can't sail far away from friends
utan att fälla tårar.
With no tears aflowing.
Who can sail where there is no wind?
Vem kan ro utan årar?
With no oars to be rowing?
Vem kan skiljas från vännen sin
Who can sail far away from friends
utan att fälla tårar?
With no tears aflowing.
Jag kan segla förutan vind,
I can sail where there is no wind
jag kan ro utan årar,
With no oars to be rowing.
men ej skiljas från vännen min
But I can't sail far away from friends
utan att fälla tårar.
With no tears aflowing.
This week's ATC highlights my Dad: Palmer Bergquist known to Ms D and her family as
'Bestafar' (swedish for GrandPa).
Had he lived, he would have celebrated a 100 years of life this past March 25.He sure tried hard to make it.
Unfortunately his heart kept a different clock.
Knowing he was dying, he was at times practical and then dreamy, but most all, adamant to anyone who stopped to by to visit him in his last days; 'Now remember, when I go, I want a Viking Funeral.'
It fell to me, his only child to arrange it.
This I did with the help of my amazing friends, Michael the woodcarver (he made the Viking Ship replica) and Cynthia his stalwart companion and photographer; plus my supportive and loving neighbour cousins, Ms D and her husband, her kids, Ms B, and my side of the family, my Aunt Elvie (Dad's sister) and her son Ian.
It all came together, one glorious summer evening and as the sun set, we watched with not a little amazement and wonder as the Viking Ship Replica Draco, carrying my father's ashes turned all by herself and sailed into the setting sun - flaring like a firecracker and burning for a good twenty minutes or more.
As we stood on the shore, with the help of Ms B's friend Bill who had brought his accordion along, (very appropriate since Dad loved his!) we sang 'Vem Kan Segla' as a farewell tribute.Blessings of the Upcoming MidSomar to my Scandinavian friends and family out there!
Shanti
No comments:
Post a Comment