Sunday, June 27, 2010

ATC - June 27 - HOPE Gives Us Wings!

"Follow Your Dreams Till They Take Wing And Fly."

This week's ATC from Ms D is a very poignant one for me.
It shows my hand wearing my Donor bracelet which I made out of Mr Bear's dialysis tubing.
I had run some blue and yellow alcohol ink through it to give it a green colour which represents Organ Transplant Donors.
And of course: A Pooh Bear for Mr Bear - his nickname online and in real life as well.

As I have gone through the first half of the year with this project, I am always amazed at Ms D's attention to detail and her incredible memory.
Her use of green as part of the card and the word HOPE is such a loving and supportive thing to do!

So here is my response:
I took the cue from Ms D and used a two tone green background.
The 'Follow Your Dreams' quote was stamped on a separate piece of paper and put away, waiting for the perfect time to use it.
This was it.
Yesterday I was rummaging around in the backyard and came across this very tiny piece of gauze netting and put it in my pocket.
What better use than to create with it, a bag of Dreams and Hopes?
(the wee bag contains Amber Queen rose petals and lavender from my garden)
Since we live at Quail Hill, a tiny quail feather is attached (the better to let the Dreams and Hope fly to fulfillment!) and two quail ( one is hidden by the bag) are stamped on the bottom of the card along with the words 'happy together'.
Which we are.
We love to travel, but have been hampered by the rather daunting fact, that right now for us to fly anywhere would mean NINE Pieces of LUGGAGE weighing in about 200 lbs.
So once we have a kidney, we look forward to the 1 piece checked and 2 pieces of carryon that we used to do.
Blessings of Dreams and Hope that take wing and carry you with them!
Shanti

No comments: