Sunday, February 14, 2010

Queen of Hearts for the Queen of Arts - Quietfire

*
Happy Valentine's Day Everybody!
Here is my entry for Quietfire's Queen of Hearts Challenge.
(please click on the artpiece if you wish to see more detail)

Amore Ora - Love's Hours
Align Left
This ATC is based on a 16th C Queen of Hearts Card from the Claud Valentin (what a wonderful and appropriate Name!) Deck.

I used Serif's DSA scrapbook ephemera and effects to create this Tribute to Valentine's Day.

The Sentiment is mine, but I am sure it probably exists somewhere in a dusty collection of Love Letters.

Heartful Blessings to all who view this

Shanti

8 comments:

okanagan_spirit said...

Nicely done and nice to meet you through this blog challenge.

Ruby's Girl said...

Beautiful! I am so pleased to see your art through this challenge! I am going to book mark your blog and spend some time looking at your artwork!
Judy

Cindy McMath said...

I love this piece! I am glad I clicked on the image to see the details - her heart shield with the more "modern" QOF is a brilliant addtion to a lovely card.

Cindy :)

Holly Dean Artist said...

Beautiful and soul stirring!

Daphne said...

OOOhhhh I do love this. all heraldry like. love it.

Charmaine Stack said...

Shanti, this is so elaborate and interesting. I love the sentiment. Happy Valentine's Day!

Quietfire said...

Great piece! Love's hours are never counted - brilliant addition. This is just so wonderful! Thanks so much for taking the challenge!

Yogi said...

very, very nice. Love your take on the theme.