Do we recover from losing a passion or do we go on to find a new one?I used to have a 'passion' for chewing newspapers - truly!..I tore off corners and chewed them up and ate them when I was little!
(hmm...do you think I was genetically programmed to become a writer?)
I'm sure my mother was relieved and heartily grateful when I Lost that Particular Passion -
so..
In my case, some passions are meant to be lost ( ie eating newsprint) and some are meant to be found; such as taking this Vision Journal Workshop!
Can you believe it's been six weeks? (actually more as I took a bit of time off this summer); still in the main, I continued to think and visualize and create with those weekly prompts.
And guess what happened?
I found and recovered and discovered a new passion for my creative side that did NOT involve a keyboard, but one in which I actually uncovered my old passion for paper folding.
I used to do a lot of Origami and it was wonderful to find directions to make cards with crazy pop ups or my current favourite; hidden pockets!
Check out this site from SplitCoast Stampers for a great tutorial on making them:
Double Pocket Cards!
Since I will be on the ferry this week for another 2 hour ride to the mainland, I have decided to take along my art supplies and do a 'Stuck-Tag Book.' (or what to do when you are 'stuck')
I will post a picture of that when I complete it.
Speaking of Tags leads me nicely into ATC's and the Soul Journal ATC swap which certainly was a Passion of Participation for me!
Here is what I did with all that wonderful ArtWork that was sent to me - Thank you all, my Soul Journal artists! (Enlarge and see if you can pick yours out!)
Blessings of Abundant Creativity!Shanti
2 comments:
How delightful to display the affirmation cards on a board. I've been thinking about fitting on some tabs so I can add them to my turn stile. You have been a wonderful participant in the workshop -- so affirming! You keep my passion going.
Love that quote in the rose. I'm making a note of it.
{soul hugs}
Kathryn
i'm finally looking at your blog again. mine is the last on top row but its turned wrong. turn it so you can read my affirmation "Believe In Yourself".
love how you displayed them. this was so much fun.
Post a Comment