Sunday, September 27, 2009

My 'Stuck' Tag Book and Secret Card Project!

I couldn't show these earlier as my Belgian Guest (Karl) might have seen them on this blog and I wanted them to be a surprise! (he is currently sleeping off his jet lag in the Quail Room)

First up: as promised (and sorry for the wait, been busy doing house cleaning!)
my 'Stuck Tag Book'. I created a mini album, glued small envelopes to each page and then wrote on the tags little 'a-muse-ments' to kickstart the creative juices flowing when I am 'stuck' for an idea.I got this wonderful inspiration from Cloth Paper Scissors latest edition - page 66 - Spontaneous Combustion by Robin Olsen - Using Prompts to Spark Design.
I wrote out some of her ideas and made up my tags.

Now for the Big Project:
I made this for Karl as a Welcome card: Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
(plus there is also another Project which I will show when it's finished - a mini photo album with secret photos done all this week. (got to love those candid shots!)

I also made a card for An his wife as a thank you for letting him stay with us using two photos I had shot recently of Queen Anne's Lace - I thought she might like to know there is a wildflower here (yes i know some of you think of it as a weed) that bears her name!
and of course I could not forget his daughters, Robyn (8) and Sam (5).
So yes, I have not been idle, just not had much time to post these.
The Muse has been visiting me and prodding my elbow while gluing things together!
Don't you think snail adhesive is the best thing invented since the electric toaster?
Blessings of A-Muse-Ments to all!
Shanti

No comments: