Friday, July 24, 2009

Vision Journaling Workshop I - Relaxation & Serenity

I took advantage of the great weather we have been having and once more set up my Outside Studio.
While Handel's Water Music played on our outside speaker, (in time with a very determined woodpecker!) I wrestled with a pesky breeze and gaily ripped page after page of images.

I tried to do it quickly without too much thought, trusting that my eye and the Muse would find words and pictures that would fit the current Assignment; "to create a collage that represents relaxation and serenity."

Here is what I came up with - my take on Relaxation and Serenity:
(I love Infinity Pools!)

Now for the Vision Card to accompany the Collage -
1. I laid down some tape to create a Greek Key Maze design, then dabbed on Distress Ink Broken China followed by Distress Ink Vintage Photo.
This is the first time I have used these products but was curious and excited! to see how it would react with water!
I loved how I got a bluey green from the mix.

2. I went to my front garden and picked three burgundy red Japanese maple leaves and after laying them face down face down, I took a cotton ball, rubbed it in some sparkly red inky powder (from who knows where - there is no label) and made 'shadow maple leaves'.

3. After waiting rather impatiently for the whole works to dry ( I was tempted to run around the yard, waving my paper in the air, much to the delight of the neighbours I'm sure) I quickly rubbed and peeled off my tape to expose the white paper underneath.
Perfect for writing my 'mantra' which is....

I Create By Letting Go - Create By Letting Go 'I' - By Letting Go I Create.


Here are my two cards before they are cut and pasted into my journal:


Blessings to all Vision Journalists out there: may the Muse visit you tonight!
Shanti

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pools look really inviting! Love the mantra too!

Chris Tessnear said...

Simply relaxing! Love the maze and leaf design. Creating is a great way of letting go! Let's do this!

kate i said...

That IS serendipitous that we both posted about "letting go" on the same day. Time to sit up an pay attention!

Lunch sounds great...I'll email you.

Kathryn Costa said...

How wonderful. Thank you for sharing your steps. I'm picturing you now in a jolly gate having fun in your backyard. The music is a wonderful choice. Your cards really capture the spirit of relaxation. In the months to come when you look back on them, may they remind you of this magical day of relaxing and creating.

{soul hugs}
Kathryn, Collage Diva

anna maria said...

You did a great job, and the music is beautiful. I can't quite seem to get going on this poject..but i'm sure I will!

Beverley Baird said...

Loved watching your project unfold.
Great mantra and collage.
Great start.

Mescrap said...

The pic is superb !!
Love all the cards .