
In a previous post (May 22) I had published a photo of my breastcast yet to be decorated.Here is the process over the past weeks as I race to the Finish Line!
To recap: Breastcasts are to be decorated and then donated anonymously to Saturday Night's (June 13) Fund Raising Auction for the 'BootScootinBoobies' Weekend Walk to End Breast Cancer.
Today was the perfect day to set up an Outdoor Studio and put the finishing touches to my creation, pausing only to eat and drink.
I will be loath to let it go (yes I know it's for a Good Cause) but Bear has given me a gentle suggestion - "Why don't you see if you can put a Reserve Bid on it? That way if for some reason it does not get bid on, it will come back to you."
So that is what I will do.
I had a dear friend who used to work at Telus with me, travel south to Quail Hill and have lunch with us yesterday. When I showed her what I was working on, she softly said to me, "This past January I had breast cancer and had radiation. As far as I am concerned, I am a Survivor and Cured!" Then she did a big YES! and did a small thumbs up dance.
So Maureen, one of those tags attached to the Rainbow Feathers is yours.
And now for you patient souls who read through all of the above -
the photos of the Creation of 'Give Us Wings and We Will Fly.'
1. The Beginning - the Un-Adorned BreastCast

2. Here is one of the ideas I experimented with in developing the Warrior Woman theme.
The Jar is a Scythian (Amazon) Woman Warrior riding into battle, a perfect theme for any woman who has undergone Cancer Treatment.
The Crown of Flaming Roses symbolizes the Fire of Healing and the Black Wings represent 'Flight Suppressed' but Only For Now.
3. Flame theme continued: I found the perfect 'flame coloured' fabric and used it to create flames both front and back.Maureen, Angela, Charlene, Diana and Bonnie.
8. Give Us Wings and We Will Fly! - Completed
Blessings to those that have undergone or are going through the Flames - Joyous Flight to you on your way back to Health and Healing.May your wings turn from black to Rainbow.
Shanti
4 comments:
This is a beatiful piece...so full of heart and soul! Congratulations on meeting your deadline...it must have felt wonderful to be in the creative flow, outside in nature for the whole day. Sounds like bliss to me!
Looking forward to our "face to face" next week...Kate
It was bliss to be able to do it outside - I am fortunate in that I have plenty of extension cords so I had 'juice' for Music and Glue Gun!
Now I am on the hunt for something to put her in..I was thinking of an orange crate symbolizing bursting out of the cage.
Blessings to you too dear Kate
LN
The piece was truly inspirational and had a lot of thought put into creating it.
What a wonderful idea! Blessings to all the women you have touched.
Petra
I can see why it will be so hard to let this go. Letting go is a lesson that I'm working on again and again. Putting yourself out there and spreading your love and soul is so good for you and those who receive it. Now is a time to celebrate! You've done good!
{soul hugs}
Kathryn, Collage Diva
Post a Comment