How could I refuse?
So in keeping with the Bird Theme, I made a Thank You for your Hospitality Slider Card.
(Instructional video from the Marvellous Dawn Griffith's site can be found here)
I confess to loving puns, so be prepared to groan over the words.
I chose them with care... (g)
Thank you for Sharing Your Nest and You are the 'Tweetest"!
*
The first view is with the card closed (it's actually an enclosed sleeve, and doesn't open like a regular card)
*
*The second view is with card 'pulled' - you grab the curly ribbon at the top, pull gently and as the top card is pulled up, TA DA! the Cadbury Mini Egg 'treat bag' drops down simultaneously!
*
*I Love the magic, don't you?
I wasn't sure it would work with the Cadbury Mini Eggs bag due to the weight, but it seems to be ok and hasn't pulled the works apart.
The card is placed on a Pashmina shawl that I purchased today with the idea that I may gift her with that as well...however I am tempted..sorely tempted..(naughty me).
I am going through a Pashmina phase and was given a glorious one for my birthday with red and purple moons on it, so musn't be greedy! But darn, that shawl looks gorgeous!
LOL
For those of you who might be interested, a Pashmina shawl is woven from silk and cashmere - it is very lightweight yet warm and if genuine, can be pulled through a wedding ring!
Being the curious bee that I am, I of course had to try it out, so I pulled off a ring, threaded one end of my shawl through it and holding my breath, gently pulled on the material (thinking this is nuts, what happens if it gets stuck partway?)
You know what? By Golly, It worked!
Blessings of Pretty Pashiminas and Pampering to my Soul Journalers out there!
Shanti
3 comments:
Please let us know the instructions on how to make that magical card. I love it.
I'm wondering which big city?
This is fabulous! Did you post this on the yahoo board so all of the soul sisters know about it?
Visit my full moon blog tonight for my latest dream board. Let me know if you've forgotten your way over there.
Have you made a dream board for this moon cycle?
{soul hugs}
k
Post a Comment