There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. ~Edith Wharton
*
How do you know when enough is enough?
(This is Lady number 3 and I have spent all weekend on her, tweaking things here and there.)
For me, 'enough' is when my joints hurt so bad that I can hardly 'mouse' anymore or type!
That's when The Muse whispers in my ear, " Let it go." or when my dear husband says: "Haven't you eaten yet?" (It's a toss up between the two)
So be it.
I had wanted to honour the Moon Meditation that Kathryn had started and combine it with the ongoing Mandala Musings.
I started with a question: "From whom does the Moon get her light?"
The Sun.
This led to thinking of the Flame of Creativity that burns bright within us all, especially if we are encouraged to fan those flames!Altars, candles, all came to mind, but I chose the 'flower' in her pendant to be a Dawali lamp, lit during the Hindu Festival of Lights.
Her Halo is the 'Crown of Light', an immense chandelier, from Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris.
The Background is from the Book of Kells - considered to be one of the finest examples of an illuminated manuscript in the world (there's that Light again!)
How I remember being absolutely awestruck at the colours when I saw it at Trinity College, Dublin.
And finally, the Lady herself, courtesy of the Vintage Moth.
*
As for the Namaste of Light:

I always loved the phrase my Yoga teacher would say at the beginning and end of every class: 'Namaste - The Light within me honours the Light within you.'
The Background: My all time favourite shot of the Heavens courtesy of Wiki and Nasa: the 7 Sisters or the Pleiades.The Moon phase calendar is from Astronomy Cast - great site and did you know that this year is the International Year of Astronomy?
As we approach the Vernal Equinox, I think of the Moon and Sun as having an equal say in the Cosmic Scheme of Things.
Blessings and Shanti
Namaste
2 comments:
Beautiful ATC and post !
I like the phrase "Flame of Creativity that burns bright within us all"
Do feel good today.
I found the insight regarding the moon and sun being of equal light comforting. Also the Pleiades's have a special meaning for me, so double bonus.
I was brought here by my dream of a verdant equinox... when I searched online to see what I would find... your site came through. Thank you for being the answer to my dreams....
Namaste
Post a Comment