Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Fountain Pen REVELATION.!

 
It was time.
The white box had been sitting patiently under my table, with its precious cargo of pens and ink, probably wondering when I would actually crack open the ink and fill a pen or two!
Late last night, I finally did it.
I cracked the metal ring tabby thingy around the bottle of Brand Spanking New Chelpark Emerald Ink after carefully noting how Kevin (the owner of  Fountain Pen Revolution) had used a screwdriver to break the seal.
It worked.
I carefully unscrewed the top, and there it was, a peerless sea of emerald green just waiting to be sucked up into my plastic eyedropper and squirted into the barrel of my Airmail fountain pen.
First though, there was a bit of maintenance to do on the pen before I could use it.
So I quickly screwed the top back on the bottle and found the syringe of silicone gel.
I ran a thin bead of it around both sets of threads on the pen, thus ensuring a good seal and NO LEAKS and then I was in business.
Lid open, Suck Up the INK, Squirt into barrel of Airmail pen, (isn't this exciting, it was for me, I had ony had piston action fountain pens before) then screw everything together and give the pen a few downward shakes to 'prime' it.

HOORAY.
I bought the green ink and pens so I could write in my Garden Diary  -green ink is so much prettier than black or blue. I was pleasanttly surprised how well the nib of the Airmail handled the thin paper as I scrawled up and down and across and sideways, inside corners, outside corners, putting it through it's paces.

Other than scotch tape,(surely forgiveable), it didnt skip but managed to write fairly smoothly everywhere.


I love My Airmail Fountain Pen! It now has a permanent home attached to the band that keeps my Diary together.
Blessings on those Gardeners who write!
Shanti.

No comments: