Carousel was going to auction the horses off - Horse by HORSE!! - can you believe it? Thankfully a group of people said NO! and pulled together to raised the amazing sum of 350, 000 to buy the compelete Carousel, Wurlitzer included!
The piece is mixed media, paint, spray ink and digital and I have called it:
Do Carousel Horses Run Free at Night?
Oh I Hope So! I like to think of them pulling themselves free from
their poles and galloping off to some neighbour's field for a well
deserved roll in the hay!
So Happy 100th Birthday to Scampering Dawn (the horse in this piece) ! Isn't she a beauty?Blessings to all who have ridden on this Carousel and if you haven't yet, you should!

1 comment:
Great work Jaen.
I agree, I like to think that when everything is shut down and no one around, the carousel horses get to run free.
Post a Comment