Turns out it's 'sexagenerian'.
I am wondering if that also could be translated as Dragon Lady as I was born in the Year of the Dragon and oh golly gee whiz..guess which year this is?
So tomorrow at 0715 PST I will be joining that Sexagenarian Club.Mr Bear has already joined and found to his amazement that the local Bank was ahead of the game: when he went in to do his online banking, they had removed a 4 dollar service charge as a courtesy to his (koff) advancing years. The Federal Government has also saluted and approved him as a Right Honourable Member of the CPP (Canada Pension Plan) and right on schedule, a nice little cheque plopped into our mailbox.
So now its my turn.
I have already been 'birthday'ed' by my neighbour- cousins at a surprise dinner party held February 2nd - note the candles on the cake - apparently they stand for x years each (g)My dear sister in law, the redoubtable Ms H, gave me a rare phone call last week while I was outside in the early spring sunshine, photographing my BLOOMING Diane Witch Hazel.
(I bought it when I heard it bloomed in February and bless it, it has been having its grand opening at the beginning of February ever since! - here's proof..smile)
The converse went like something like this:Ms H: Guess what?
Me: what?
Ms H: Those (expletives deleted) Container shippers Finally delivered our 3 boxes from the UK (three months after they ASSURED us, they would be there BEFORE Christmas!.HAH!)
But on the bright side, believe it or not, not a SINGLE dish was broken! (unlike the last 3 times)
Regardless, they really dropped the ball and I am going to write to the head office!
Me: You do that, they have it coming (all the time wondering where this converse is going..)
Ms H: and guess what else?
Me: What?
Ms H: One of those boxes had my Birthday BOOK in it and guess who is having a birthday next week?
Me: (ah ha..penny drops) Gee..I dont know..who?
Ms H..YOU ..and guess why its the MOST FanTASTIC Birthday You COULD EVER possibly HAVE!!?
Me: O I don't know, tell me...
MS H: (takes a deep breath) BECAUSE after all THESE YEARS of those (expletives) Fed Gov't so and so's taking your hard earned cash, you finally GET some of it BACK! FREE MONEY!
Isn't that the GREATEST?
Me: I agree..it's pretty neat.
**
I think my dear Ms H was more excited over the upcoming CPP cheque than I was (lol).
However I have heard from another friend that her sister applied and is still waiting, six months later, so I 'm not holding my breath.
Quail Hill will be hosting Ms H and her husband David the Bespoke Furniture Maker this weekend as we will all troop out for dinner tomorrow night to celebrate me becoming a
sexagenerian!
Birthday Blessings to all who have a February Birthday!
Shanti
No comments:
Post a Comment