Saturday, April 16, 2011

Paris in the Spring : Arlene's "La Secretaire" Envelope Album

One of my oldest and dearest friends Arlene is in her (censored) year and when her husband Gordon asked her what he could give her for her birthday, she replied:
"PARIS." (that's France btw, not Illinois!)

So on May 1st, this lucky duck is winging her way with husband in tow, to the City of Lights.
As they are staying with us this weekend, I was wondering what could I give her to take with her that would be light, handy and functional?
Dawn's Stamping Up site to the Rescue!
Dawn had revamped an old video of how to do an Envelope Album and at MIDNIGHT last night I put one together. (thank you Dawn!)

Here it is: Arlene's La Secretaire
Closed and Open photos

I used velcro for the closures on the side pockets and for the album cover.
The main body of the album is composed of (yes you guessed it!) the May page out of last year's France 2010 calendar which this couple had given us! (talk about your re-gifting!)
The left side pocket holds 2.5 x 3.5 glassy envelopes for restaurant cards and itsy bitsies that one picks up along the way during travels. The right side pocket holds a small pocket of mini post it notes.
Then there is the middle 'piece de resistance' ..a five envelope file folder for postcards and whatnots.
I used Tim Holtz Nostalgic Tissue Tape which has TA DA! a Paris theme. The only problem I found with it, is that it does not stick as well as it should - which is why I had to tape the corners down with transparent tape.
But all in all, considering it was one of those 'midnight madness mayhems' - it didn't turn out too badly if I do say so myself (GISC.Gosh I'm So Clever).
Blessings on those lucky souls who are traveling for PLEASURE!
Shanti.
PS. Gave it to her yesterday and yes She Loved It and Will be taking it with her! (Couldn't ask for a better compliment!)

No comments: