Monday, November 22, 2010

Star Crossed Artists Awake! Collage Diva's Mini Dream Journal Download Links are Here!!

Sweet mini dream journal for Sweet dreams, and Free! (as my cousin nephew Jeffrey would say..Sweeeeeeeeeeet!)

Over on the East Coast in someplace called 'New England', lives an amazingly gifted and talented lady whom I am proud to call my 'soul sister'.
Her name is Kathryn Antyr aka Collage Diva and she sits and waves her magical creative wand over her respective blogs - True North Arts being one and the Collage Diva being another.
This week in her cheery newsletter she told us that she had a Free Gift for us -T'is the Season After All!
Of course I was over there like a shot, and found she had given us her Mini Dream Journal to download and print out.

Kathryn had included some delightful photos on what to do with it -

Don't you just love that polka dot ribbon (so cute) and Woohoo..I love her colours! especially on a snowy cold day like today.

So as I was looking at her one page download with the 8 sections, I thought..TA DA! this could be an ideal candidate for an 8 page one sheet mini booklet!
With a bit of judicious cut and pasting and a photo of the draft (daft?) project, I emailed the Diva and told her what I had done.
Bless her heart.
Instead of going "ICK, what have you done to my artwork?", she has not only allowed me to post the result, but even went so far as to RE-ARRANGE the pages and add another link!
Can one ask for anything more gifty than that?
Here is her super gracious email to me:
This looks great! Hey, before you post it, I will redo the layout so the pages line up sweetly. Then I'll add a cross link to your blog with directions on how to fold it!
How is that for cross posting and sending the love back and forth?

Indeed Kathyrn, Indeed.

So without further ado:
*
The original Mini Dream Journal Free download link
*
The Star-Cut Mini Dream Journal Free download link
*
Instructions on how to do the 'star-cut' 1 sheet - 8 page mini dream journal.
*
Here is my sheet already cut and ready to fold:
Here it is folded with that distinctive 'star' or 'diamond' in the centre-
With the Star Cut Mini Journal, you can also create 4 'tuck-a-ways' or hidden pockets, a perfect
size for those ATC's you've been working on while sipping a latte at your favourite coffee shop.
Of course it's also great for tucking away tickets or found treasures.
Just tape the bottom of each individual page and you have your four pockets.

Now then...
If you leave the two centre pages untaped, you have that star or diamond section which could become... TA DA!
How about a Mini Dream Journal Votive Candle Wrapper!?
Perhaps you might make it from a (ful)filled mini dream journal to help you get started on a new one when you wake?

These are just a couple of ideas Inspired by one of my favourite blogArtistes, Kathrynn Antyr.
I have taken her True North Arts Workshops and not only are they worth the bucks (and NOT as expensive like some out there I could mention, but FUN to do as well!)

Blessings of Dreams filled and fulfilled.
Shanti

5 comments:

Kathryn Costa said...

I absolutely love what you have done here. Great ideas for the pockets to hold the ATC and the magical votive holder. You are so sweet. I'm so lucky that our creative journeys have crossed. I've added a couple of your photos and links back here for the instructions and great ideas. You rock!

{soul hugs}
Kathryn, Collage Diva

Lotus said...

Wonderful ideas! I love the way you used a candle inside the "pocket" part the best!
Lotus

Jerry said...

Thank you for sharing your art.

Beverley Baird said...

have just discovered this journal and your post! Such great ideas! thanks for sharing!

Kathlene said...

Kathryn love your site! Especially love your "...leave a comment?" and your human calendar! Great individuality..... Kathlene