Sunday, August 15, 2010

ATC - August 15 - Splash!

Bathing.
The Bath
The Swimming Hole at Quinsam
The Centennial Park Pool
The Ocean
Sprinklers.
All joys of hot weather which we are currently experiencing as I type this.
It has been so warm, that I am taking advantage of the somewhat cooler evening temp to catch up on doing my ATC for today.
Ms D's card brings back happy memories of swimming in the local pool (unheated of course) and our teeth chattering as we raced to the car and spread our towels on the hot hot seats so we wouldn't burn our legs.
SpLASH indeed!
I have been taking advantage of the downstairs Library temperature to catch up on my reading of Ancient Rome and of course, the highlight of Roman Culture: THE BATH.
Not just for getting clean, but for socializing, establishing contacts, securing political alliances, currying favour with the great and near great.
A secret fantasy of mine is to have a private bathing area built for me outside and I am so pleased that it is coming along nicely.
The tub was found (free in someone's yard, part of a bathroom reno) and the hole has been dug, rocks moved and much muttering and consultation as to how to heat the darn thing.
Here then is my card for the week:

My Bathing Space: complete with a picture of the ultimate luxury for me (right now) a foot soak with my own rose petals, crocosima blooms, lavender and japanese anemone.
Next summer I hope to have a soak in Tub Full of Flowers!
Blessings of the Bathing Ritual:
Shanti

No comments: