Monday, April 13, 2009

The Universe Dances! Mandala Art Swap

*
I'm so excited to be one of the participants in this - 25 copy-pieces of my artwork are almost ready to be mailed off to Megan in Australia!

During the past month I had been caught up in the Mandala making craze that had joyously had infected my Soul Journal group and now I had the difficult choice - which ONE do I use for the Swap?

Knowing the Mandala form was circle with equal divisions, I chose to revamp the Gift Mandala and make it my Swap Piece.
*
Here are the steps (more or less!) to Creating The Universe Dances Mandala - A mixed media digital art piece.

Note: I used the Digital Scrapbook Artist software from Serif.com
*
1. I found the most amazing Green Galaxy photo from the Chandra site: and reproduced it as 'tea bag tiles'. (Image courtesy of "NASA/CXC/SAO")

*
*
2. I did two tea bag 'foldings' - one for the base and laid it out on the circle (not connected),
*

*
then I placed another tea bag folded Mandala on top.
*
*
3. I had a lovely space in the middle that I chose to fill with an extracted photo of my Glowing Amber miniature rose that bloomed two summers ago.
*
*
4. Tags! how I have fallen in love with them!
These were created by using an architecture scrollwork form from the Dover Sampler
* and then 'antiquing' it by re colouring it brown.
*
*
5. Then using my favourite font: Antique Type - I placed this Affirmation:
'I am Significant! For Within Me The Universe Dances!
on the tags in the form of a circular wheel.
(I had wanted to give the image of a wheeling, dancing, Universe -
Galaxy Square Dancing anyone?)
*
6. The last finishing touches: green bows from my embellishment page that came with my software and phew! a final photo of the finished project!
*
*
7. Then I reproduced it on photo paper attempting to make sure it was the
'official' ATC size - 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
*
*
Next stop " the Post Office and off it goes to Australia!
Mandala Blessings to all - May the Universe dance within you!
Shanti

No comments: