Monday, January 5, 2009

WEAVE...weave...weave us together...

That 'old Girl Guide' Song was going through my head as I was making this project.

Weave, weave, weave us together,
Weave us together in unity and love.
Weave, weave, weave us together,
Weave us together, together in love.

We are many textures,
we are many colours,
Each one different from the other.
But we are entwined in one another
In one great tapestry -
Here is my offering for the Soul Journal Weave Project:
*
My house had been full of left over Holiday wrappings and I was tempted to use that, but the paper is so flimsy and tears so easily.
Ah ha!
Do you hate throwing away those wonderful LARGE Photo/Artsy Calendars of gorgeous places far away?
ME TOO!
My friends had given us a Tuscany Calendar last year so yes, I sacrificed December 08 and used those strips along with my Wishes and Dreams strips to form the base along with a few strips of Chinese New Year Lucky Paper!
*
The Large Kidney Bean with Wings Luggage Tag represents our Wish to Travel - Particularly ITALY! so I thought it apropro to use that image along with my printed words. I don't know if it really shows up in the photo, but I used Green sparkles on the wings as Green is the Internationally recognized colour for Organ Transplant-Donation.
At present, we are waiting for a kidney transplant and only have 4 more years to go!
We can take short trips, but a long haul Internationally means 9 or more pieces of luggage!
So there it is - A Gigamungous Kidney Bean with Wings and a Gigamundous Wish.
*
That was Page 1 of my project...
When you flip the 'Dreams and Wishes Weave' to the right - it slides under the Journal page it is glued to, and another part of it is revealed -
*
Page 2
The back pages are covered with a 2008 Silver and Blue Lunar Calendar and again that Chinese New Year Lucky Paper! (Can you have too much of a GOOD thing? Nah!)
3 hidden pockets hold 'Wish Sticks', yet to be written on and woven in, and there is a Hidden Surprise as well!..can you see it yet? No? are you sure....?
*
******
*
Here It Is!
It's a Woven Heart, woven from the Chinese New Year Lucky Paper and my printed out Wishes and Dreams. This seems appropriate somehow as we head into that particular month when hearts aplenty are seen.
Actually it is also a Scandinavian custom to hang hearts on the Christmas tree - so I get the best of both worlds! I am so thrilled to remember how to do these-as last year my friend, husband and I struggled for hours to do Just One.
*
Blessings of Full Hearts and Inspiration - may you never run out of 'Wish Sticks' to weave into your creations!
Shanti
PS
Acknowlegements:
For those that might like this for Valentines or?

7 comments:

Megan Warren said...

love the post - i hope your dreams of the transplant and the travel come thru.

Kathryn Costa said...

You are a weaving goddess extraordinaire! That kidney bean with wings is sure to bring your husband his new organ. I love the hidden pockets and the very cool woven heart. I'll have to make one of those. Wish sticks, now that is a great idea. I too want to travel. Belgium is top on my list to visit a friend but Italy is one also at the top. Oh on the wrapping paper, try gluing it to a heavier paper and then it will be sturdy enough to cut and play with. I suggest using a brayer to roll it flat. Thanks for playing!

Christy said...

Hah you went all out and combined lots of traditions and dreams. Love it!

femminismo said...

Lovely! What great wishes and thoughts you have. I hope the winged kidney brings good luck fast. The Tuscany calendar part can't hurt. Maybe after the transplant a trip to Italy. You have been busy, souljournal sister. Way to go! jeanne in Oregon
GASP! the "word verification" below to leave my comment is "ogransu." Maybe it's a sign - an anagram for US organ? My wish for you.

sandee said...

Wonderfully Creative!!! Love it!

Mary S. Hunt said...

i LIKE how your weaved set turned out
mine is turning out looking more like a potholder...
:)

morningDove said...

another friend received her kidney this past year. so that said let this be your year for promises of travel and healing. all you shared and how you put it together is wonderful. i love hidden pullouts.