While Mr Bear and I have been fighting with a cough/hack/cold/flu/allergy 'bug' this week, (we are getting better and I would like to take this moment and thank all you wonderful tweeters and streamers out there who have been commiserating with us!) but as I was saying...HAPPY MAIL has arrived at the Quail Hill mailbox at the foot of our drive and at our front door as well!
First to arrive in the mailbox, an Assortment of ATC goodness from the Redoubtable Dede of Coffee and Art in the Morning - (a wonderful treat for all you earlybird's out there who can catch her Ustream.-she is on 0600 PDT Wed and Thu and goes under the name of Inkwell)
Now to make 'just one' HA! ATC out of all this. O MY.
Second: Joy, my June ATC Swap Partner for 'Chunky Summer' sent me these two wonderful pieces:
and my Third HAPPY MAIL?
Rat tat a tat on our front door: It was Mr Postie with a brightly wrapped Orange Box? WOOHOO.. It was my FOUNTAIN PENS FROM INDIA!
Rat tat a tat on our front door: It was Mr Postie with a brightly wrapped Orange Box? WOOHOO.. It was my FOUNTAIN PENS FROM INDIA!
I had ordered these after reading about them in a review of the Serwex Fountain Pen by Less in her blogpost here, and thought, 'what a wonderful idea, I haven't used a fountain pen in a long time and it would be nice to support a small endeavour like this.'
I followed the link from Less's site to their website and ordered.
I confess I was a bit nervous about the glass bottle of ink making it safely through the mails, but for Emerald Green Ink, I was willing to take a chance.
Glad I did.
My order was (l-r) 1 bottle Chelpark Ink (Emerald Green)
1 Red swirly Airmail 58CB,
1 Camlin Sleek (Blue)
Included free with this order since I mentioned their ad in Less' zine Put It On Paper,
an eyedropper for filling those barrels and a syringe with silicone gel to grease the threads.
(Care and Feeding of Your Fountain Pen can be found here)
As a wonderful SURPRISE and BONUS from those great folks at FPR was a SERWEX Fountain Pen with a little note attached saying 'Compliments of the FountainPenRevolution.com and Thanks So Much!'
THANK YOU KEVIN for that wonderful and totally unexpected Gift!
You have me now as a customer as long as I can hold a pen!
Blessings to all Creative and Muse Struck Souls out there this month as Summer Solstice approaches and for those of you in the Southern Hemisphere, Blessings of the Oncoming Winter Solstice to you as well.



No comments:
Post a Comment