Monday, April 16, 2012

April ATC Swap for HappyDiane - The Sakura Kimono Family


Here they are, about to be sent off with hopes that it would make her happy.

My gosh - the darn things were sent off on April 6 and she gets them today!
Sheesh.
Well now that she has them, I can legally share them with you on the blog.

The ATC rule for this month (other than size - 3.5 x 2.5 inches) was 'Anything Goes'.
I made an origami 'Sakura Viewing' Family: Papa, Mama and Baby kimonos with a Japanese folded screen that when opened was a photo of an actual Japanese room. I digitally made and placed a scroll on one wall which reads: 'In the cherry blossom shade, there is no such thing as a stranger. - Issa'
(Photo of Japanese screen room closed and the Sakura Kimono family ready to be mailed off.)

The adult kimono papers are made from photos I took of the cherry bloom in Victoria except for the child's kimono, which is a photo of my emerald isle hostas. The obi is tied with raffia.

(revese view of kimonos with Japanese room)
Blessings.

3 comments:

Melissa Patton said...

I absolutely love them! So creative!

happyDiane said...

these are so fantastic in RL!! thanks!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those are amazing! Why have you not shared this..I am SO impressed, and D must be ecstatic!