In Honour of the April 2 2012 release of his CD 'Water Night'
While listening to the first cut on the CD, his glorious Alleluia,
this poem came so fast, that I had a hard time writing it down and going back over it a few minutes later, an even harder time reading my writing!
October's Alleluia
Through the flaming stillness
Of the Autumn Wood
The leaves crushed beneath my feet
Sing a rustling Alleluia -
Alleluia.
Overhead the summer birds soar
And bid farewell 'til Spring.
Leaving me behind encircled by Autumn's Splendour
Alleluia! they Cry
Alleluia.
The river in its never-ceasing rush
Seaward
Coaxes the tiniest ripples to sing -
Even those hidden behind stern rocks
Burst forth, join others
And on their Shining way
They Shout Alleluia!
They Dance
Alleluia!
And I, and I,
Wrapped in Summer's farewell warmth
Turn my face homeward
As the Sky cloaks herself with
Twilight's cobalt blue -
Over the darkenng tree tops
the Stars,
one by one,
scintillate
And give Spheric Voice
and Sing and Sing
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Amen.
(c)jw 2012
Dedicated to Eric Whitacre
Through the flaming stillness
Of the Autumn Wood
The leaves crushed beneath my feet
Sing a rustling Alleluia -
Alleluia.
Overhead the summer birds soar
And bid farewell 'til Spring.
Leaving me behind encircled by Autumn's Splendour
Alleluia! they Cry
Alleluia.
The river in its never-ceasing rush
Seaward
Coaxes the tiniest ripples to sing -
Even those hidden behind stern rocks
Burst forth, join others
And on their Shining way
They Shout Alleluia!
They Dance
Alleluia!
And I, and I,
Wrapped in Summer's farewell warmth
Turn my face homeward
As the Sky cloaks herself with
Twilight's cobalt blue -
Over the darkenng tree tops
the Stars,
one by one,
scintillate
And give Spheric Voice
and Sing and Sing
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Amen.
(c)jw 2012
Dedicated to Eric Whitacre
No comments:
Post a Comment