Thursday, January 27, 2011

Waiting At the Oasis Cafe - Challenges. Challenges..

While Sophie has been schmoozing and getting to know the other camels and elephant! on this Journey, I have been communing with my Midnight Muse, who has been prodding me and telling me to stretch my artistic wings so to speak.
Here are the Challenges and Credits

1. Monthly Desktop Challenge - Underglass: Save February Alone
Desktop Challenge: Underglass: Save February Alone
When I worked for the telephone company as an operator, our portion of the switchboard had a glass top which you could lift to put things under.
It was known as the 'underglass'. Treasures from home like photos and a calendar and of course important stuff like Area Codes and GMT zones made its way there as well!
Hence the title: "Underglass; Save February Alone"

I couldn't find a European style calendar with Days Down the Side so I created one with the Impressions of Time kit and Tange Baxter's Vintage Newspaper.
I also used Tangie's red paper background from AJC11.
Font:Tangie Baxter - Director
Poem: my mother's version - I'm sure there are others out there.

2. Chat Challenge (while chatting with Flergs one of the Designers on SBG, she gave us a weekly challenge - Design something around "Twilight".
I am beginning to love Story Boards, so I couldn't stop at just one but did two.

DayBreak
Chat Challenge: Supernatural - Daybreak

The Dawn is breaking and with it so does my heart.
"Ah Love must ye go?"
"Aye Beloved, I must away."
*
Credits:
Castle: Medieval Faire
Gypsy Frame: Impressions of Time
Everything else: Dreamcatcher kit

Moonlight.
Chat Challenge: Supernatural - I'll Come To Thee
Poem fragment from The Highwayman by Noyes.
*
Credits
Castle: Medieval Faire
Rose: PoetsKeepsakes
Elements, background, frame, letter: Dreamcatcher
Photo: the Lady taken by Mr Bear
Font: Blood Crow Condensed and Dark Half

Blessings to those waiting for FRIDAY..AJC Parcel Day!

No comments: