Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A New Year, A New Journey, A Crow'ning

Over at Soul Caravan I have been busy creating new digiart pieces based on weekly themes.
So far so good as far as keeping up with things ..(stay tuned..you know me..)
However..this week, I halted my camel Sophie at a rest stop and under a palm, pulled out my mental sketch book and had a good long Think.
This year will see the end of my 'Outrageous 'Baby' Cronehood' or OBC and in 2012 I will proudly become a full fledged Outrageous Crone.

This piece is called 'Reflections On Being Crowned'.
In the word 'crone' is the root word Kron or Crown, as women who reached that August Age were indeed Crowned and honour paid to them on their special day I have also included a blackbird on a branch, which could well be The Crow, The Voice of Inner Wisdom for many of us.
I am also dedicating this piece to my dear friend Charlene, who took her leave of us on November 13, 2010 and never achieved Cronehood.
We shared a February birthday so the Amethyst diadem in the Crown is for her.
Blessings to all my OBC and OC' sisters out there!
Shanti
Credits The Louvre castle comes from the Book of Hours of Jean, Duc De Berry - public domain I adapted the Crown (Tangie Baxter -AJC 2011 parcel) and added gems from the kit: Arock CU Gems - Scrapbookgraphics.com

No comments: