Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Butterfly Project: My Contribution

At the Oasis Cafe, there was a note pinned up on the cork board with a small paper butterfly attached.
It read: "The Houston Holocaust Museum is asking for 1.5 Million Butterflies to be made and sent to them by June 30, 2012, in honour of the 1.5 Million children who perished during that terrible time.
Read here for instructions and address.

If you wish to join a group project (which is more fun) Two Dresses Studio is playing Postmistress and inviting you to send your butterfly (or two) to her and she will send it on after photographing it. Read all about that here."

Sophie and I thought it was such a good idea, that I created one right then and there.
I used the DSA2 stencil feature (which HAD a Butterfly already installed woohoo!), overlaid it on top of my 'raindrop peony' photo. printed it on 4x6 photo paper and then carefully cut it out.
On the back I penned a small poem:
Butterfly, you fly so high
In your wings, I can see the sky.
It is now in the mail (Sophie licked the stamp) to Two Dresses Studio in Alberta.

Blessings of Butterflies to all who send one (or more!) along to either place.
LN

No comments: